Thematic area III: ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION
Towards the realization of UNCRPD and towards the achievement of the EDPRS 11 and development goals, coalition advocacy will: Mobilize governments, international organizations, civil society, the private sector and other stakeholders to support deaf community in Rwanda – translating commitments into concrete actions
Program Goal: Our Advocacy works primarily to change the social behavior of public leaders & decision-makers.
- Ensuring capacity for informed evidence based response for empowering deaf persons in Rwanda.
- Deaf People and their families have improved access to information and communication resources.
- Communication barriers for deaf people are reduced and/or eliminated.
- Deaf People and their families represent themselves in their respective communities.
- RNUD personnel are effective communicators and share information with all stakeholders including those who have communication difficulties in Rwanda.
- Self-advocacy is promoted at grass root level to promote sign language.