THEMATIC AREA IV: SECURE LIVELIHOOD
Program goal: To strengthen the ability of Deaf Persons, to make a viable living through increasing opportunities and wealth creation. With specific focus on skills for employability and entrepreneurship, microcredit as well as agribusiness.
- Better enabling environment for Deaf community, especially women earn a viable living within within social entrepreneurship innovations.
- To attain income security for Deaf people, men/women and youth by enhancing their livelihood skills and access to markets, thereby ensuring profitable and sustainable income generating activities.
- Creating opportunities for young people to nurture entrepreneurial ability.
- working with education and vocational training centres to make Deaf graduates more employable.
- Engaging small businesses and major private sector firms to create jobs for Deaf youth.
- Addressing stereotypes and traditional thinking that harms Deaf Youth chances.