Thematic area IV: SECURE LIVELIHOOD
We are building on our partnership with UPHLS project on Employable to improve enterprise development and increase economic empowerment opportunities for youth with disability in Rwanda. The project aims to improve vocational training; governance; and management of VTCs that will see them develop into service centers of excellence in agribusiness development; innovation and use of information and communication technology.
Program Goal: To strengthen the ability of deaf persons, to make a viable living through increasing opportunities and wealth creation. With specific focus on skills for employability and entrepreneurship, microcredit as well as agribusiness.
- Better enabling environment for deaf community, especially women earn a viable living within social entrepreneurship innovations.
- To attain income security for deaf people, men/women & youth by enhancing their livelihood skills and access to markets, thereby ensuring profitable and sustainable income generating activities.
- Creating opportunities for young people to nurture entrepreneurial ability
- Working with education and vocational training centers to make deaf graduates more employable
- Engaging small businesses and major private sector firms to create jobs for deaf youth
- Addressing stereotypes and traditional thinking that harms deaf youth chances.