Thematic area II: EDUCATION
Program Goal: To promotes the inclusion of deaf persons in formal and non-formal education in order to enhance their access to employment and participation in civic and economic processes.
- Make provisions for inclusive education for pre-school deaf children.
- Training of suitable candidates to become teachers of sign language & literacy programs. The training of Sign Language Interpreters and the setting up of an interpreter service center in Rwanda.
- To develop Rwanda Sign Language. Utilizing knowledge of the native sign language and use of distinctive grammar.
- Produce a number of sign language books & a dictionary.
- Provide practical skills training and education for young deaf girls.
- Provide training opportunities for parents of deaf children, especially in respect of learning skills in sign language for better communication with their offspring.